Borrtech actively encourages all employees and contractors to champion a safe and healthy workplace, with the ‘safety first’ principle central to all our work activities. Borrtech (T) Ltd, is committed to delivering improved safety performance in tandem with our production targets. Our ultimate goal is for safety and production to be entrenched in our operational thinking and performance, which leads to a sustainable and successful business. We thoroughly manage risk through hazard identification and reporting, assessment and appropriate control indicated policies and procedures.
Borrtech’s core areas of focus:
- Implementing and maintaining a Health & Safety Management System based on risk-based management of Principle Hazards which includes regular reviews and audits of critical controls
- Strengthening our company’s culture by demonstrating our leadership commitment and living the organisational values
- Implementing resilient safety standards, procedures and supporting systems
- Building and maintaining organisational capability and capacity through comprehensive safety training programs
- Proactively identifying threats, assessing risks and continuously instituting a robust hierarchy of controls to eliminate priority unwanted events
- Strict adherence to principles of good corporate governance and compliance with all regulations and standards
- Embracing innovation and technology
Despite our significant achievements, Borrtech cannot and will not rest on past performance. We continue to challenge ourselves and raise our expectations – and live and actively demonstrate our commitment to safety every day.
Health and Wellbeing
Health and wellbeing initiatives don’t just improve the health and wellbeing of our employees; they also provide positive effects on the underlying culture within our organisation, complementing and reinforcing our safety strategy.